2017 Pioneers of Progress Awards
As part of the annual celebration of Utah’s pioneer heritage, The Days of ’47 Board of Trustees honors modern-day Utahns who perpetuate a legacy of industry and integrity with Pioneers of Progress awards. These awards honor deserving Utahns whose lives and achievements commemorate such virtuous principles of pioneering as faith, courage, industry, integrity and sacrifice; and whose work benefits present and future generations.
Candidates for the award are nominated by their fellow Utah citizens.
Awards Gala Banquet
Thursday - July 13, 2017
Reception @ 6:30pm
Dinner & Awards @ 7:00pm
Salt Lake Marriott City Center
220 S State St
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
About The Event
The Pioneers of Progress Awards were instituted in 1995 to recognize service and achievement in modern-day pioneering. These awards honor those who continue Utah’s rich heritage of vision, industry, integrity, sacrifice and courage. Honorees are selected in the following categories:
- Science & Technology
- Business & Enterprise
- Education, Health & Humanitarian Assistance
- Historic & Creative Arts
- Sportsmanship & Athletics
- Posthumous Legacy
Click Here to download and print the 2017 nomination form (Word Document).
2017 Nomination deadline is Monday, February 6, 2017
If you have questions or would like to attend, please contact:
11274 South Eagle View Drive
Sandy, UT 84092
Any current Utah resident, regardless of age, can be nominated for a Pioneer of Progress Award. Nomination Procedures:
- An individual or group may nominate more than one individual for any category.
- Individuals may nominate themselves.
- Pertinent supplemental information, not to exceed four (4) pages may be attached to the nomination form.
- Judges may request additional information from nominees, nominators or nominating organizations.
- The judges’ decision is final. Nomination forms, including all supplemental materials, become the property of The Days of ’47 and will not be returned.
- Nominees agree to the use of their names and likeness in publicity connected with The Days of ’47 Pioneers of Progress Awards, including videos, press releases and audio reproductions.
Nominations are judged on the following criteria
- Service—The dedication displayed by the nominee in providing service that betters individuals and communities.
- Innovation and Industry—The ways in which the nominee has demonstrated vision and hard work in personal and professional roles.
- Achievements—How the nominee has produced results that reflect the spirit of Utah’s pioneers.